Which Apple Vision Pro apps will be available from 3rd party developers?
On 6th of June 2023 Apple has unveiled its long-rumoured AR/VR headset, the Apple Vision Pro, and the VisionOS software that’ll power it on. It is relatively early to talk about VisionOS app support because the headset isn’t due until early 2024 and developers are just now starting to get ready for it, however there are already some interesting hints about Apple Vision Pro apps available:
- Complete HeartX
- Djay Pro AI
- Infuse – An elegant video player
- Crouton – A simple recipe organizer
- Immersive.io – Building the next-gen watching experience with spatial computing
- Jadu – Next-Gen Augmented Reality Fighting Game
- Ploppy Pairs – A colourful fun memory game
- Play Piano AR
- Mercury Weather
- Water Minder
- SkyGuide – Astronomy
- Microsoft Excel, Word, Teams
- Adobe Lightroom
All other apps: Many apps built to run on iPad or iPhone can run unmodified on visionOS devices. When a compatible app runs in visionOS, it retains the same appearance it had in iPadOS or iOS, and its content appears in a window in the person’s surroundings.
Which apps will be made available by Apple?
- Camera for recording 3D video
- Apple TV
- App Store
- Apple Arcade
- Fitness (Unconfirmed)
How to learn more about Apple Vision Pro?
To learn more about Apple Vision Pro, you can follow these steps:
- Visit the Apple website: Check the Apple website for official information and updates on Apple Vision Pro. They often provide details about the features, compatibility, and functionality of the apps designed for the headset.
- Developers’ Websites or Blogs: Many third-party developers have dedicated websites or blogs where they share information about their Apple Vision Pro apps. Exploring these resources can give you insights into upcoming apps, their capabilities, and release dates.
- Technology News Websites: Stay updated with technology news websites that cover Apple and VR/AR topics. These websites often provide the latest news and reviews on Apple Vision Pro apps, highlighting their features, user experiences, and more.
- Social Media: Follow Apple and their official social media accounts, as well as developers working on Apple Vision Pro apps. Social media platforms like Twitter often have posts and discussions about upcoming apps, sneak peeks, and demos.
- Community Forums and Discussion Boards: Engage in community forums and discussion boards where enthusiasts and developers share their experiences, recommendations, and insights on Apple Vision Pro. These platforms can provide valuable information and help you connect with like-minded individuals.