In this part, we will learn about how to backup and restore the media library in Nero MediaHome.
Importance of Backup and Restore
- After spending a lot of time creating the perfect media library, it is important to have a backup in case of hard disk crashes or when setting up a new PC.
- Nero MediaHome comes with a built-in solution for backing up and restoring the media library.
Library Copy Wizard
- To access the backup feature, go to Settings and select “Library Copy.”
- The wizard will guide you through the process of backing up your entire media library or just the media files.
- An external hard drive is required for making backups.
- The wizard shows how many photos, videos, and music files are present in your library.
- You can choose to back up all files or just the media library.
- The backup process is fast and smooth.
Restoring from Backup
- To restore from a backup, go to Settings and select “Paste Library.”
- Select the backup file from your external hard drive.
- Everything will be restored as it was before.
- Backing up your media library provides peace of mind.